Make money from the tourism industry in Iceland
To start earning revenue from the tourism industry in Iceland, claim your tracking links now and start spreading them around.
Step 1: Set up your account
If you don’t have an existing commission account with us, you can set it up here. If you are a local and want a blog for increased exposure you can create one here. If you are travel blogger and want an affiliate account you sign up here. Bloggers also get commission links.
Step 2: Get your commission links
Once you log in to your account, you can see a “$” sign on all the product boxes and on the right hand side of every page of the Guide to Iceland website, as shown below:
If you click on the “$” sign, you will see a page as below:
The link in the pop-up box is your commission link to this specific page. Our system tracks users who use your commission links. Once they click your commission link, any sales from this particular user in the next 7 days will be credited to your commission account. You can copy the link in the pop-up box by clicking on it. Your commission is 5% from tours, 3% from car rentals and 2% from accommodation.
Step 3: Spread these links around
Some tips to get you started on making money:
- Use your existing Iceland related content on your own blog, website or social media pages
- Be relevant and only use them only when you are directing to good information that is related to your content. While it’s good to have the links everywhere, the users are more likely to click on them when it’s relevant and useful for them. For example, if you have many Iceland related content, put northern lights tour links to your content on northern lights.
- If you have a blog, make sure to answer the questions users send you to your blog. Our numbers show that the quicker you answer, the more likely you are to generate sales with your answers.
- Be specific. We have a large number of products on our website. Most of the users are not familiar with Iceland as we are. If they have questions about their itineraries, you can give them a few specific tours or packages for them to consider. If the products fit them well, they are more likely to make a booking. For example, if they are looking for car rentals, you can open the car rental page and get the page with your commission link, and give it to travellers.
If you know they are coming in winter, you can advise them to choose a 4WD and give them the “4X4 Jeeps and SUVs” page with your commission link.
If they are looking for self-drive tours, you can direct them to our self-drive tour listings (with your commission link of course). Better yet, if you know how many days they intend to stay in Iceland, give them more specific packages. Always try to make it one step closer to the final booking.
- Be engaging, friendly and helpful. Many travellers don’t have a clear idea of what they need. It is good to give them clear and popular recommendations. For example, many people are interested to see the ice cave once they learn about it. So if they are not responsive enough after the initial inquiry, you can try recommending some popular tours to them.
To make great sales, we often need to do more than throwing tour links around. Information that helps customers to learn about Iceland and their upcoming trip will make it more likely to complete a sale. Use your own content regarding Iceland and point people to your articles, so they can understand traveling in Iceland better. This way, you also don’t need to answer the same questions every single time, which saves time and energy. In addition to creating helpful content on your own, utilize the content on our website. You can point people to articles on our website, while giving them tours with your commission link.
- Be familiar with the website
Take some time to browse around our website, and explore the tours and articles that we have. The more familiar you are with the website, the easier for you to put relevant and useful links into your own content, therefore make more sales with your commission links.
Step 4: Track your sales
Log in to your account. Click on your profile photo on the upper right corner of the website, then click “Admin”. You will see the interface below:
On the left hand side of the menu, click “Your Bookings - Overview”. You will see the page like below:
You can see your commission sales figures by month, as well as the individual sales down below. You can learn your most popular products and see whether you want to push further on those products, or why certain products bring better sales than others.
Step 5: Claim your earnings
You can then send us monthly invoices with your earnings. Minimum 25 000 ISK commission, or around 250 USD, for products that have been booked and serviced. Please send these invoices to email@example.com. We can either wire transfer you the money or pay you with Paypal, depending on your preferences. Remember to include your bank details and account number if you choose the wire transfer, and your email if you choose Paypal. If you have any questions, let us know. Choose one of the following 3 accounts to get your commission links: