Best Value 2-Hour Whale Watching Boat Tour from Reykjavik
Embark on an incredible best-value whale-watching boat tour from Reykjavik. This tour is perfect for people who want to take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime experience and see whales up close as part of a busy day in Iceland.
Your whale-watching tour starts at downtown Reykjavik's Old Harbour, where you'll board your vessel. However, for an extra cost, you can choose from various pick-up options in Reykjavik upon booking.
The boat for the whale watching tour is fast and comfortable, with three different viewing platforms, an indoor bar for drinks and snacks, heated indoor cabins, and free Wi-Fi.
You will first sail out from the harbor to Kollafjordur, where you can have a better view of Reykjavik and other islands, such as Videy, nearby.
The boat will then continue sailing to the beautiful Faxafloi Bay. Faxafloi Bay is famous for its diverse wildlife, making it a popular destination for whale and birdwatching. Aside from whales, dolphins, and porpoises, you also have the chance to see seals and various seabirds, including puffins in summer.
Summer is also the most successful month in terms of great whale sightings. Winter travelers, however, still have a great chance of seeing rarer creatures like orcas and belugas.
However, the most common marine animals in both seasons are minke whales, humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins, and harbor porpoises. Humpback whales are the most exciting due to their dramatic surface behavior.
It may take some time before you can spot a whale in the bay, but the nature surrounding Faxafloi Bay is beautiful enough as a distraction while waiting. While on the boat, you can see Mount Esjan, the Reykjanes Peninsula, and the Snaefellsnes Peninsula in clear weather.
This affordable tour has a professional guide from whom you can ask questions about the itinerary and Icelandic marine and bird life. At its conclusion, after hopefully many unforgettable sightings, you'll return to Reykjavik.
Don't miss this best-value two-hour tour filled with whale watching and beautiful views of Reykjavik and West Iceland. Check availability now by choosing a date.
What to bring
Good to know
- Please be at the meeting point at least 30 minutes before departure.
- Please check your email before the tour as all important daily information will be sent via email.
- If there are no sightings on the tour, you can use your ticket number to reschedule your reservation and join another tour for free.
- All tours are subject to weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- Your tour provider reserves the right to cancel the tour due to bad weather conditions and you will be notified as soon as possible if this occurs. If the tour is canceled, you are entitled to get a full refund if you did not join this tour before or change your reservation to another day.
Download Iceland’s biggest travel marketplace to your phone to manage your entire trip in one place
Scan this QR code with your phone camera and press the link that appears to add Iceland’s biggest travel marketplace into your pocket. Enter your phone number or email address to receive an SMS or email with the download link.