Snorkeling Tour Between Continents in Silfra with Free Underwater Photos & Snacks
Join this fantastic excursion to explore the glacial depths of Iceland’s premier dive spot, the exquisite Silfra Fissure, with this incredible snorkelling tour. This is an amazing opportunity for any explorers in Iceland looking to visit one of the most unique places, not just in the country, but in the world. Get your picture taken with a GoPro while swimming across the continents and receive them on your email immediately after your tour at no extra cost!
You will begin this tour at the designated meeting point, Silfra Parking lot by the marked van at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Once here, you will take a short journey through the volcanic, moss-laden fields of the National Park, finally unloading at the Silfra car park. Here, you will listen as your friendly and experienced PADI Divemaster guide provides a quick safety briefing.
They will also hand out all of the necessary kits for snorkelling in Silfra, including neoprene hoods and gloves, a thermal undersuit, a drysuit and, of course, your own mask, snorkel and fins. This equipment will keep you buoyant throughout your time in the fissure, as well as offering a great deal of thermal protection against Silfra’s 2°C / 35°F glacial water.
Once you enter the water, you will be immediately awestruck by the incredible shades of blue so prevalent in the fissure, as well as its jagged, algae strewn canyon walls. As you float above this canyon, you will have the opportunity to touch each side; this means that you’re placing your hands on both the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates (one of the major reasons as to why Þingvellir is so internationally beloved).
Moving along the fissure, you will discover Silfra Hall (the fissure’s widest section) and the magnificent Silfra Cathedral (the fissure’s deepest section), as well as a gorgeous shallow oasis at the fissure’s end known as the “Real Blue Lagoon”.
So don't delay any further! Hurry now and you too can discover the amazing sights of Silfra glacial fissures, one of the major wonders to be found in Iceland. Check availability by choosing a date.
What to bring
Good to know
Attention before booking. Note that to be able to take this tour, you have to be able to comply with the following requirements:
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form. You will receive a link to it on your voucher once you book the tour.
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim.
- Communicate in English at the time of the tour.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- If you are 60 years of age or older, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the medical form.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.