Unique 6-Hour Snorkeling Tour in Silfra with Transfer from Reykjavik
Plunge into the crystal waters that connect North America and Eurasia in this snorkeling tour in Silfra fissure. This tour is excellent for daring travelers who want a unique Icelandic adventure that's more than just sightseeing.
The small-group tour starts in Reykjavik, where your tour operator will pick you up. From the capital city, you'll be transferred to the Thingvellir National Park in the Golden Circle, which is around 29.5 miles (47.5 kilometers) away.
The Thingvellir National Park is one of the three national parks found in Iceland. Also, it's a UNESCO world heritage site and the location of unique places, including the Silfra fissure.
Once you're at the site, you'll meet your snorkeling guide, a PADI Divemaster familiar with your route. They will provide you with a snorkeling medical form, which includes questions and reminders you need to know to join the snorkeling tour.
You'll get your snorkeling equipment at the site, including a thermal undersuit, dry suit, and fins. This equipment will help you float and maneuver while keeping you warm against the near-freezing water.
Before diving in, you and your group will also get a snorkeling lesson and safety tips. After ensuring everything's ready, you will walk a short distance towards Silfra.
Snorkeling at Silfra fissure is unique as you'll be swimming between two tectonic plates. Between the two plates, you'll see rocky landscapes and incredible shades of blue, which look magical underwater.
It's also worth noting that the waters of Silfra are one of the clearest in the world. The spring at Silfra fissure comes from the nearby Langjokull glacier, and the melted water goes through a natural filtration process through underground lava, removing all sediments.
You'll be served hot drinks and snacks at the end of your snorkeling tour. The hot drinks are particularly rewarding after the experience, especially during winter.
As part of your snorkeling tour, you'll also get underwater photos shot through a GoPro camera. You will get the images via email after finishing the excursion.
This snorkeling tour at Silfra is easy and safe for anyone in good physical condition, but participants are expected to know at least how to swim and be comfortable with the water to join.
Once your tour is complete, your guide will drive you back to Reykjavik.
Explore Iceland underwater by joining this snorkeling tour in Silfra. Check availability now by choosing a date.
What to bring
Good to know
- Participants should remove all their jewelry pieces and accessories (earrings, necklaces, wrist bands, rings) before the snorkeling tour.
- Drysuits have height-weight limitations. The minimum height is 4’9 feet (150 centimeters), while the maximum is 6’5 feet (200 centimeters). The minimum weight is 99 lbs (45 kilograms), while the maximum is 265 lbs (120 kilograms).
- The Snorkeling Medical Statement should be printed and signed out.
- Tour participants should have read and signed the Snorkeling Medical Statement.
- The tour can be canceled up to 24 hours before the departure time, so the full price can be refunded.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy applies to both the tour and the rentals (hiking boots, waterproof jackets, waterproof pants).
- The operator can cancel the tour due to extreme road and weather conditions. In this case, the operator can assist with rebooking to another date or with a refund.