Combination 6 Hour Whale Watching Boat Tour & Northern Lights Hunt with Transfer from Reykjavik
Jump aboard, for two essential Icelandic experiences. With this offer you can combine Whale watching and Northern Lights.
During the day you will take a boat tour to explore beautiful Reykjavik coastline while the on-board crew will be searching for whales and other ocean mammals that live in Faxaflói bay year round. The most common species which are spotted are the Minke and Humpback whales, as well as white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises.
While sailing out to the ocean you can relax and enjoy your time in the cosy indoor saloon with some refreshments and snacks available on board. The experienced guides will provide you with a unique tour and tell you all about each species you might see, so be sure to ask them all the questions you may have.
At night, it is time for another fabulous boat tour, just away from the city lights where you can see Northern Lights dancing in the sky. It is a unique experience to see the Aurora Borealis from the sea, partnered with the incredible view of the lights of Reykjavík city behind you.
Guides will provide you all the auroras stories and legends from around the world, so you will also learn about the science behind this amazing phenomenon. Remember to take a good camera with - use the long exposure settings and you will take amazing shots.
Both tours will depart from the Old Harbour, located in downtown of Reykjavík. The vessel has three viewing platforms, full toilet facilities, and a heated indoor saloon where you can purchase both snacks and refreshments.
You'll be provided with complimentary warm flotation overalls and sea sickness tablets, and there is free Wi-fi on board so you can share your experiences on the tour. If there will not be any sightings on either of the tours, you will have a chance to join us another time, free of charge. Take a chance on our combination deal to experience the best Iceland has to offer.
Do not hesitate to book. Check availability by choosing a date.
What to bring
Good to know
- Please be at the meeting point at least 30 minutes before departure.
- Please check your email before the tour as all important daily information will be sent via email.
- If there are no sightings on the tour, you can use your ticket number to reschedule your reservation and join another tour for free.
- All tours are subject to weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- Your tour provider reserves the right to cancel the tour due to bad weather conditions and you will be notified as soon as possible if this occurs. If the tour is canceled, you are entitled to get a full refund if you did not join this tour before or change your reservation to another day.
Download Iceland’s biggest travel marketplace to your phone to manage your entire trip in one place
Scan this QR code with your phone camera and press the link that appears to add Iceland’s biggest travel marketplace into your pocket. Enter your phone number or email address to receive an SMS or email with the download link.