Prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime with this exciting super jeep sightseeing tour exploring the dramatic landscape of Tröllakrókar Canyon. This is a fantastic tour opportunity for travelers looking for a personal experience, with smaller tour groups and the chance to see some of east Iceland’s best natural attractions.
You will begin your trip by jumping into a modified 4x4 super jeep, the only vehicle capable of traversing the rough, icy terrain of Breiðdalsheiði heath and Þrándarjökull Glacier.
Moving across the highlands of east Iceland, you will be privy to an incredible plethora of scenery; snowy mountains, and sweeping cliff-faces. You’ll find yourself awestruck by the sheer beauty and variety of the surrounding environment.
Throughout your journey, your highly experienced guide will be eager to share with you his stories and knowledge of the region, pointing out interesting natural landmarks and answering any questions you may have.
On your way to Þrándarjökull Glacier, you will make a quick stop at Bjarnahýði mountain hut, a favorite hangout for local mountaineers. From there, you will head to the glacier, discovering for yourself one of the natural icy playgrounds so characteristic of Iceland’s environment. For much of the tour, you will find yourself pelting across this snowy expanse.
From the glacier, you’ll head to Tröllakrókar Canyon (literally translated to “Hooks of the Trolls”). Here, you’ll be amazed by the fascinating geological sculptures, naturally created over the many years of Iceland’s volcanic formation. So too will you be stunned by the sheer scale of the scenery around you; the canyons’ cliff sides seem to tower over the super jeep, creating an imposing and dramatic effect.
Don't delay exploring Tröllakrókar Canyon on your holiday with this scenic and exhilarating super jeep sightseeing tour. Check availability by choosing a date.
● Reservation is necessary.
● This tour starts in Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir.
● If you need pick up at another place please advice when you reserve the tour. Please note that additional cost my apply.
● If you are more then 12 adults please contact us for tour bookings.
● Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour. This is a wilderness tour and for that sake the bathroom facilities are very rudimentary.
● If you want to buy a lunch pack please advise when you book the tour. Additional cost will apply.