Top 20 Cheap Bus Tours
- ATV & Buggy Tours
- Airplane Tours
- Biking Tours
- Boat Tours
- Caving Tours
- Combo Deals
- Culture Tours
- Diving Tours
- Dog Sledding Tours
- Fishing Tours
- Glacier Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Horse Riding Tours
- Ice Climbing Tours
- Photo Tours
- Rafting Tours
- Sightseeing Tours
- Skiing Tours
- Snorkelling Tours
- Snowmobile Tours
- Super Jeep Tours
- Surfing tours
- Whale Watching & Puffin Tours
Frequently Asked Questions
About Cheap Bus Tours in Iceland
Cheap Bus Tours exist for those seeking to see and experience Iceland’s nature while minimising outside costs. Some are guided single- or multi-day tours, while others are ‘passports’ which will allow you to use buses to reach your destinations.
1. What is a bus passport?
A bus passport is a ticket you can use to travel a certain route around the country via buses. Some will allow you to complete the route in one direction, while others will let you use certain routes in any direction within a time frame.
2. How long does the bus transfer from Keflavik airport take?
The bus ride from Keflavik to Reykjavik takes approximately 45 minutes.
3. How regular are the buses from Keflavik to Reykjavik?
Buses run at least every hour, day and night, to and from both locations, in all seasons.
4. Will I still have a personal experience with my guide on a cheap guided bus tour?
Though you will have more other guests than on a private tour, your guides will still be available for questions.
5. Can I stop at the Blue Lagoon en route to/from the airport?
Yes, there are options allowing you to spend time at the lagoon before continuing your journey.
6. Will the bus from the airport take me directly to my hotel?
Some operators will take you to your hotel, while others will stop only at a bus terminal. You can see the options for your drop-off/pick-up while booking.
7. Do cheap bus tours run in winter?
Some do, but it is specific to the tour in question. Bus passports are only valid in summer.
8. Are there cheap bus tours around the Ring Road?
Yes. Some encircle the full country while others cover everything up to Akureyri in a counterclockwise direction with flights back to Reykjavik.
9. Do cheap bus tours go to all the major sites?
Yes. Day tours take you around the Golden Circle, Snaefellsnes Peninsula and South Coast, while longer packages will take you to the east and north. The Westfjords and Highlands are the main exceptions.
10. Can I partake in any activities on cheap bus tours?
Some cheap bus tours include components such as horse-riding and glacier hiking, and cheap bus packages will often have tours you can opt into while booking.