Top 47 Boat Tours
- ATV & Buggy Tours
- Airplane Tours
- Biking Tours
- Boat Tours
- Caving Tours
- Combo Deals
- Culture Tours
- Diving Tours
- Dog Sledding Tours
- Fishing Tours
- Glacier Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Horse Riding Tours
- Ice Climbing Tours
- Photo Tours
- Rafting Tours
- Sightseeing Tours
- Skiing Tours
- Snorkelling Tours
- Snowmobile Tours
- Super Jeep Tours
- Surfing tours
- Whale Watching & Puffin Tours
Frequently Asked Questions
About Boat Tours in Iceland
Boat Tours refer to any excursion conducted on a boat, such as those which explore the glacier lagoon or coastal scenery. Fishing, whale watching and puffin watching tours all fall into this category, providing you with opportunities for high seas adventure throughout the year.
1. Where are the most common ports to take a boat tour from?
You can take tours on boats from Reykjavik, Akureyri, Husavik and many other coastal settlements. Boat tours also run seasonally into the Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon.
2. Will I see whales and dolphins on my boat tour?
You are not guaranteed to see any whales or dolphins, even on a whale watch, but anytime you take a vessel to the sea in Iceland, you have a great chance of doing so. Most whale watching operators have an over 90% success rate in spotting whales.
3. Can I take a boat into the Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon?
From May to October, you can explore on an amphibious vessel, and in October, you can do so on a zodiac boat.
4. Are seasickness tablets provided on boat tours?
It depends on the tour in question. Most larger whale-watching tours will have tablets on board.
5. Can I take boat tours to see the Northern Lights?
Yes, from Reykjavik and the towns of the North.
6. What kind of boats are used on boat tours?
Whale watching tours are done on larger vessels, with options to take a zodiac in summer; most puffin watching tours will be on zodiacs. There are specific tours on sailboats from certain ports, and amphibious vehicles are the most used ones at Jokulsarlon.
7. Have there been any major accidents on boat tours?
8. Is there an age limit on boat tours?
Most boat tours have no age limit, although there are exceptions. Contact your tour provider directly.
9. Can I take a private boat tour?
Zodiacs are the most intimate tours on the market. Contact your tour planner if you seek something more private.
10. What kind of fish will I catch on a sea angling tour?
The most common species caught in Iceland’s seas are catfish, cod, haddock, mackerel and pollack.