Experience the vivid treasures of the cosmos with this unforgettable tour, hunting the Aurora Borealis in Iceland’s darkened wilderness. This tour is perfect for anyone who has never witnessed this spacetime spectacular, as well as those looking to recapture the magic of their first sighting.
East Iceland is an area largely undeveloped and is, therefore, home to wide expanses of wilderness and clear night skies unburdened by light pollution.
You will depart from the small town of Breiðdalsvík, travelling by Super Jeep to wild areas inaccessible to other less capable vehicles. Your driver will navigate the Super Jeep, all the while keeping his eyes on the skies, looking out for the shimmering ribbons of solar flares.
As your journey progresses, your experienced and knowledgeable driver will be eager to teach you the science and cultural history of this rare, natural phenomenon, as well as answer any questions you might have.
When you finally arrive at a destination that looks promising, the Northern Lights will reveal themselves to you in a spectacle that defies the imagination. For enthusiastic photographers, this is truly an experience not to be missed.
Shimmering lights—from neon green and scarlet to white and purple—will dance across the nighttime sky in a miraculous display that defies the imagination. It is no wonder that people in ancient times believed the Northern Lights to be the spirits of their ancestors; the elegance of their movement is truly a sight that boggles the mind.
So don’t delay, hop aboard this spectacular Super Jeep sightseeing tour to experience the miracle of the Northern Lights yourself. Check availability by choosing a date.
● We check weather conditions every day at 19:00 to estimate the possible visibility.
● If the weather does not permit visibility we reserve the right to cancel the tour for full refund or modify it into a different excursion if preferred.
● Reservation is necessary.
● Please note that we can not guarantee that we will see the Northern lights, they can only be seen on a clear night. We will do our very best to evaluate it each day and we will cancel the tour if it is very unlikely that we will see Northern lights.
● Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.